YouTube embeds locking text editor

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:19

YouTube embeds locking text editor

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Sep-2014 00:00

We seem to be having an issue where visible YouTube embeds will cause the html text editor of content blocks to lock up. If the embed is hidden through CSS, and is thus invisible in the regular text editor, the editor works normally, no problem. It's only when the embeds are visible, and it also seems to only occur when switching from the regular text editor to the html one.

We're using version 7.0.

Any thoughts on what might be causing this?

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Sep-2014 00:00

Hello,

I have tested the scenario you described, but was not able to reproduce it - here is a video of my test

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Sep-2014 00:00

Hello,

The issue doesn't occur when working within the Design window of the text editor. In that scenario, yes, the editor works fine. The issue pops up when switching from Design to HTML. When switching to HTML, the text field will lock up; it's not possible to put the cursor into the field or type anything.

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Sep-2014 00:00

Hello Chris,

I have tested on both 7.0 and 7.1 but was unable to reproduce this issue. Can you experience the same issue on brand new project? As far as I understand, when you drop the content block widget, you change the design window to HTML and the widget should become non-responsive? Here is video of my test (video)

I could advise you to check from Administration >> Settings >> Advanced >> Controls >> ViewMap as this might be the cause for your issue.

Regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Sep-2014 00:00

Am not sure, probably an error happened in youtube i frame. This might cause of messed up your youtube i frame as well error can also occurred in mark up code.

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Sep-2014 00:00

Hello Edwin,

I am glad you managed to solve this.

Kind regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Sep-2014 00:00

Vassil,

The iframe is what triggers the content block to lock up, though. Otherwise, without the iframe inside the content block, yes, the content block functions normally. Let me reiterate the problem:

1. I put the content block on the page.

2. I go to the HTML view on the content block. I paste the YouTube iframe's html into the text editor.

3. I switch to Design view. The YouTube video player loads in the text editor. It looks fine. It works fine. No problems there. If I stay in Design view, I can add text around the video however I see fit. Everything works fine.

4. When I switch back to HTML view, and I try to insert my cursor into the text editor, I can't. I can't select any of the HTML text, either. I can hit save. I can go back to Design view. Basically, I can use any of the buttons, but I can't get my cursor inside the text editor.

Does this make more sense? If not, I can try to make a video that illustrates the problem.

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Sep-2014 00:00

Hello Chris,

Yes, I will appreciate if you share a video and you can also share the youtube link you are willing to embed. Also, can you reproduce it on another project? Will it be a problem if you create a brand new Sitefinity 7.0 site and test your scenario. It will be very helpful to isolate the source of the problem.

Regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Sep-2014 00:00

Here is the screencast.

Any YouTube video will cause the problem. The ones I used in the screencast were ones that I chose randomly, and with those, the problem still happened. Here is one of the videos I used in the screencast.

We can probably try to create a new project, but we were hoping that someone could try to reproduce the problem on their end first.

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Sep-2014 00:00

Hello Chris,

This is very strange as I am not able to reproduce this on any version (each between 6.3 and 7.2)
Can you test this on another brand new project? The problem may be caused by some environment setting or browser - can you try to isolate the reason for this unusual behavior as we will need some clue to help you further with this.

Regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

Vassil,

Oh, yes, now that you mention a possible browser issue, I've checked and it happens with only Google Chrome. I guess a recent update for the browser might have created the bug.

Thanks for the help!

Hello Chris,

I am glad you managed to find the source of this. Apparently Sitefinity 7.0 does not support latest Chrome, simply because it released after 7.0 and therefore it is not test.

Regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

This thread is closed