Sitefinity V3.7 upload filesize limit problem

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 18:01

Sitefinity V3.7 upload filesize limit problem

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Sep-2014 00:00

Hi,
I get an error when trying to upload a file greater than 26MB.

The error I get is: Error 404 – File or directory not found

Details:
Getting error 404 – File or directory not found when trying to upload a document with a file size greater than 26MB.Max 
The file size on library details set to 97.66MB
 Web.config entry:<httpRuntime maxRequestLength="204800" requestValidationMode="2.0" executionTimeout="999999"/>

It doesn't matter what type of file or if it is zipped or not,,, it just seems that if the file size is too big, this is the error.
Nothing shows up in the sitefinity.log

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Sep-2014 00:00

Hello Jim,

Maximum request filesize is globally controlled through the application web.config httpRuntime element.

The maxRequestLength attribute specifies the limit for the input stream buffering threshold, in KB. This limit can be used to prevent denial of service attacks that are caused, for example, by users posting large files to the server.

To enable large file uploads, you need to change the value of this attribute to the largest allowed combined file size for your application. If someone selects and uploads files, with total size larger than maxRequestLength, s/he will get the "Page not found" error (which is the default error of the Framework).

If you use IIS 7 you should also modify requestLimits Element for requestFiltering (IIS Settings Schema) and maxAllowedContentLength attribute.

All the best,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Oct-2014 00:00

Thanks for your response Vassil, I changed the maxAllowedContentLengthattribute. in IIS 7 and now am able to upload larger documents.

Thank you. 

This thread is closed