Sitemap Generation Tool required modules

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 19:47

Sitemap Generation Tool required modules

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Oct-2014 00:00

The sitemap generation throws a number or exceptions regarding missing "config" sections when modules are disabled.

For instance, if you don't need forums, blogs or events and those modules are disabled, you get the following type of exception in the logs (and the sitemap generation fails) :

Type : System.Exception, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089<br>Message : The configuration 'EventsConfig' is not registered<br>Source : Telerik.Sitefinity<br>Help link : <br>Data : System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal<br>TargetSite : Void VerifySectionRegistered(System.Type, System.String)<br>HResult : -2146233088<br>Stack Trace :    at Telerik.Sitefinity.Configuration.Config.VerifySectionRegistered(Type sectionType, String sectionName)<br>   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Configuration.Config.GetSectionInternal(Type sectionType, Boolean safeMode, String sectionName)<br>   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Configuration.Config.GetSectionPrivate[TSection](Boolean safeMode)<br>   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Events.EventsManager.get_ProvidersSettings()<br>   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.GetProvidersSettings()<br>   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.Initialize()

I'm assuming this can be configured via Settings/Pages/Sitemap filters?

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Oct-2014 00:00

Hi,

This is a known issue that Sitemap throws errors in some cases when content modules are disabled in Sitefinity 7.1. Would it be possible for your to inform us what is the version that you are using? In the ticket you have specified Sitefinity 7.2.5310.

I would like to inform you that the problem has been fixed in one of the internal builds for Sitefinity 7.1. (release notes).

In order to resolve the issue at your end you have two possibilities:
- Activate that modules
- Upgrade your project to one of the internal builds of Sitefinity 7.1 or to Sitefinity 7.2.

Upgrade instructions could be found in our documentation on the following article:

www.sitefinity.com/.../upgrade

Internal builds are available in your account under Products & Subscriptions -> Latest internal builds. Select a product and version and you will be able to review the available internal builds.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Oct-2014 00:00

Hi Stefani,

Thanks for the info, might help other people.

In our case, we're running on Azure Websites, so to have the sitemap in the root folder, I created my own sitemap generator, making the issue go away.

Cheers.

This thread is closed