Change text of SitefinityLabel for multilanguage website

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 09:10

Change text of SitefinityLabel for multilanguage website

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Oct-2014 00:00

Hey Guys,

My website have been implemented in two languages: Arabic(default mode) and English.
I'm using default search template and change text of SitefinityLabel for key "SearchResultsStatusMessage" from "label & messages" section.
But in English version, when I search a word, in result page SitefinityLabel still shows Arabic text.

My sitefinity version is 6.1.4300.0.
That would be great if you help me with this.

Thanks,

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Oct-2014 00:00

Hi,

Are these languages applied only for the frontend or did you also add Arabic as a backend language? In order to translate any labels in Sitefinity you should have added a backend language (Basic Settings > Languages > Manage backend languages). Thus you will be able to add different versions of the label you need to change - see the attached image.

Once you have translated your message, it will appear localized to the frontend page when you are using the search result widget in different languages (please see the other attachments). For more information you could refer to our documentation related to Backend languages and labels.

Regards,
Petya
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Oct-2014 00:00

Hi Petya,

Thanks for your response.
I had added English language into basic settings(first attached file) and had used many labels and messages in Arabic and English versions of my website and all of them work properly.
But only for "SearchResources", English value doesn't work(second attached file).
I also need it for another website with version 7.1 of the Sitefinity. I checked this problem on the Sitefinity 7.1 and haven't been able to fix it yet.
Could you please guide me in this matter?

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Oct-2014 00:00

Hello monire,

I also tested the same scenario in my local machine and could not reproduce the issue. However, I can see (from attached images) that you have a formatting mistake in the Arabic version of the label - there should be curly braces around the '1'. Currently it is 1 it should be 1. It is also visible that there is a CSS class <span class="en" which sound like a culture specific CSS formatting so you could try to change it to "ar".

If this does not help a quick video of the described behavior could help us identify missing steps to reproduce.

Regards,
Pavel Uzunov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed