Template still attached to deleted pages

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 17:03

Template still attached to deleted pages

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Oct-2014 00:00

I cannot delete a couple of templates because they are still flagged as in use by pages. These pages were deleted a while back. Can I manually delete the relationships in the database since they are still showing a relationship? Is this a foreign key constraint of some sort that denies deletion of a template? 

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Oct-2014 00:00

Hi Chip,

That problem is probably related to the Recycle Bin module, if you delete a page and it goes to the Recycle Bin module, the relation between the page and its template persists.

As a quick fix you can permanent delete those pages that does not allow you to delete the template.

If you're not using RB module, can you please provide us with more information about the problem like are these pages in multilingual / multisite mode and when you click on the template counter do you see the name of the pages there like here.

Regards,
Bobby
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Feb-2017 00:00

I have this same problem. I deleted the page and then emptied the recycle bin. The recycle bin says it is empty and the pages listing does not have the page listed at all, but I still can't delete the template. When I click on it from this screen I get a 404

This thread is closed