Alternative URL working in some browsers but not others

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 13:53

Alternative URL working in some browsers but not others

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Oct-2014 00:00

We recently migrated a website from SharePoint to Sitefinity 7.1. I am entering some of the old SharePoint URLs as alternate URLs on their equivalent Sitefinity pages.

The page I am having an issue with is www.protectiveinsurance.com/mobile-app.

I added this page's old SharePoint URL as an alternative URL: www.protectiveinsurance.com/.../mobile-app.aspx

I set up the alternative URL in the page properties, using ~/products/independent-contractor/Pages/mobile-app.aspx

This URL brings up the correct page in Firefox. However, it does not work in IE10, IE11, Chrome, or Safari on my iPhone 5. I get a 404 error instead.

I have several other similar alternative URLs set up and those work in all browsers. Example: www.protectiveinsurance.com/.../ic-safety-archive.aspx successfully redirects to www.protectiveinsurance.com/.../ic-safety.

Why would this particular page be behaving differently by browser?

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Oct-2014 00:00

Hi Julia,

We are already addressing the very same issue in the ticket you have opened, so let's continue the discussion there.

For the benefit of the community, we will update the thread once we reach a solution.

Regards,
Peter
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed