Multiple Content Widget Items Displaying 404's

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 18:52

Multiple Content Widget Items Displaying 404's

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Oct-2014 00:00

Hello,

I have many pages with multiple widgets. Pagination becomes an issue. For each widget per page, I've set the UrlKeyPrefix property and change the UrlEvaluationMode under each widget on the advanced tab. The issue that I now have is that all of those widgets are responding back with 404's once a user clicks on the item. Any ideas as to why this is happening? I followed this guide:

www.sitefinity.com/.../multiple-paged-content-widgets-on-one-page

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Oct-2014 00:00

Hello Marco,

As you have opened a support ticket, I will paste the information you were provided there:

Can you please open the page displaying the items details and make sure that in the Advanced settings of the relevant widget on that page you have set the UrlKeyPrefix to the same value as in the page displaying the list of the items of this type. Please also make sure that the UrlEvaluationMode is also set to QueryString.

For example, if one of the widgets on the page with multiple widgets is the News item widget, please open the page displaying the news item details and make sure that in the Advanced settings of the News widget on the details page you have set the UrlKeyPrefix to the same value as in the page displaying the list of news items. Please also make sure that the UrlEvaluationMode is also set to QueryString.

Here is also a short video demonstrating the above. The video is recorded for Sitefinity version 6.3.5300. But the steps are the same for your current Sitefinity version (5.4.4000). Can you please try to perform the same on your side and let me know if the issue still persists.

I also tried to login to the backend of your website using the credentials you have provided but I had no success. It seems that the username and the password combination is invalid. If the issue still persists on your side after performing the suggested steps above, can you please resend me the backend credentials in order to research the issue.

Regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed