Layout Wrapper class applied in page editor does not appear

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 13:19

Layout Wrapper class applied in page editor does not appear in Live page

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Oct-2014 00:00

In the page layout editor, I'm trying to set the Wrapper class.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/RedStaplerSoftware/Sitefinity/LayoutWrapper/PageEditor.png

If I preview the page, the class shows up in the markup.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/RedStaplerSoftware/Sitefinity/LayoutWrapper/PreviewPage.png

However, it will not go down to the client on the live page.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/RedStaplerSoftware/Sitefinity/LayoutWrapper/LivePage.png

• I've tried publishing multiple times. Remove the class, publish. Add the class, publish. The class won't appear on the live page.
  • I've refreshed the application pool.
  • Adding the class works perfectly on one installation. Same exact steps on another installation produces the above result.

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Oct-2014 00:00

This must be a related problem.

Attempting to resize layout columns doesn't appear to work. I began with a 67% : 33% layout and attempted to convert it to 60%:40%. I removed the SItefinity _67 and _33 classes on the columns. Below are the screenshots to the same layout.

s3.amazonaws.com/.../ChangedTo6040.png

s3.amazonaws.com/.../ClassesRemoved.png

Once again, the preview page looks correct. (However it's still not because now the columns aren't being floated so they're stacking. But let's ignore that because I see my width changes):

s3.amazonaws.com/.../PreviewMarkup.png

Once again, here is the published page, which is not correct:

s3.amazonaws.com/.../LiveMarkup.png

Another import thing to note is that this is a completely different Sitefinity installation than what I wrote about in the previous post. Same issue. Changes do not take effect, but looks correct in the preview.

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Oct-2014 00:00

Day 3, still completely unable to resize my layout, on two separate installations. Once again, it's correct when I preview, but is not correct when I publish. The markup between preview and live is different. How can I consider this a professional framework for building websites?

Hello Sam,

This is a known issue resolved in Sitefinity Internal Build 7.2.5311.0. 

So you can try to upgrade you project to the Latest Internal build in order to get it fixed.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Thanks for responding Svetoslav .

My team is telling me they're unable to find where to download this internal build, but you provided a link of how to upgrade so it must be possible. Where can we find a build that resolves this?

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Oct-2014 00:00

Hello Sam,

The latest internal build (as of today 7.2.5317) could be found in your account under:
Products & Subscriptions > Sitefinity > Download > Sitefinity_7.2.5317.0.zip

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Oct-2014 00:00

Thank you

This thread is closed