Stop removing my footer element

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 12:37

Stop removing my footer element

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Oct-2014 00:00

Sometimes, I modify content in a content block in Sitefinity and save it. Next time I load it up again, my markup will have been modified without having done anything. This is immediately reproducible just by using the 'footer' tag.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/RedStaplerSoftware/Sitefinity/Footer/FooterMarkupCorrect.png

Click Save. Immediately click Edit.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/RedStaplerSoftware/Sitefinity/Footer/FooterMarkupAfterSaved.png

Why isn't my footer wrapping the ul anymore?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Nov-2014 00:00

Hello Sam,

This behavior is due to the default implementation of the RadEditor our content blocks use. More specifically it is due the editor's filters towards the HTML inside. You can actually reproduce the behavior on our online sample. Paste your HTML, switch to design and then back to HTML and you will see the same behavior present.

Sitefinity applies all RadEditor filters from its configuration. In order to remove the filters you need to go to Administration->Settings->Advanced->Appearance and set a value of None to both "RadEditor filters for Content block widget"  and "Rad Editor's content filters". Remember to restart the application for the changes to take effect.

Regards,
Ivan D. Dimitrov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Nov-2014 00:00

Sorry, I now realized I was confusing.

Please look at the second image. I was intending to say that the 'footer' element is not actually removed, but modified. It's not removed from the markup. It's moved and no-longer wrapping the elements it was around. In addition to this, it only happens after you open the editor again: the markup is saved correctly initially. I don't think your filters are meant to move or mess up the markup, I think your filters are meant to remove what isn't meant to be there, which this fails to do either way.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Nov-2014 00:00

Hi Sam,

I am aware that the footer is present initially and that when the content is opened for editing the <ul> you use is placed outside the footer tag. The source of the issue is due to the filters applied and the approach towards eliminating the behavior is as described in my initial reply. Here is a video for further reference.

Regards,
Ivan D. Dimitrov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Nov-2014 00:00

Thank you

This thread is closed