Page Keeps Locking

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 17:49

Page Keeps Locking

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Nov-2014 00:00

I am new to Sitefinity and I am trying out creating pages and widgets.  I have two pages that are using an MVC only template.  They both have a custom built widget on the page.  The problem that I am having is that in Dashboard\Pages the two pages are always shown as locked.  On the Pages page I have tried to unlock the pages in question.  However when I click on the page it is not editable.  Worse is that all the Sitefinity links on the page like 'Back to Pages' or the 'More actions' button do nothing.  It is like page has become static.

I have no idea how to get around this issue.

BTW this is a recent install of the Sitefinity project so the version would be the current one.

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Nov-2014 00:00

I have run into issues before where my js in the master pages conflicts with the admin pages. To this point, it has essentially disabled the layout, content, back to pages btns. My work around has been trial and error for the most part and paying attention to where I am loading my js from. Hope this helps!

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Nov-2014 00:00

*thumbs up*

That seems to be the issue.  One aspect that I was messing with was KendoUI.  I probably pulled in a  js library that was in conflict.  Took out the js and the page is once again working correctly in the Dashboard.

Thanks!

edit: Turns out it doesn't like me pulling in the jQuery library.

This thread is closed