Field of content type does not display in content after adde

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 18:13

Field of content type does not display in content after added

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Dec-2014 00:00

Hi Telerik team.

I 'm a new sitefinity deverloper and i have a problem:

- I have a content type: Categorizedhtml and  i want to update : add a new field (Title: Link to page, type: Related data, Data type: page) as Image-1.

- After LinkToPage field added: click to button finish and select check box "Update widget template as well" then click to button "yes, save change" as Image-2.

- Go to the Content, select Categorizedhtml and update data for all item. My problem is: field LinkToPage does not display  as Image-3. 

Can somebody tell me what's happening?

(p/s: i'm trying to learning English, if you don't understand, please tell me.)

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Dec-2014 00:00

Hello Luyen,

The issue you are experiencing seems to be related to caching. By default when you add a custom field to content item and then you open an item of this type in edit mode you should see the newly added field. You should also see the new field when creating new items of this type.

Please find attached a short video for your convenience demonstrating the behavior on my side. Can you please let me know if I am missing something in my steps?

In addition to this, can you please try to clear the browser's cache and try to create an item of this type again and let me know if the custom field appears properly?

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Dec-2014 00:00

Hi Sabrie Nedzhip.

I don't think my problem is the browser's cache.

When I go to the content and select Guest Guides type then edit an item: LinkToPage filed doen't display.

But when I select an item of Guest Guides type in DashBoad screen (Ex: FACILITIES TIMING AND OPENING HOURS ): LinkToPage field is display and i can select a page

Please see my  video: upfile.vn/.../relatesfield-7z.html

(My video size is lagger than 2 MB )

Thanks you very much.

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Dec-2014 00:00

Hi Luyen Minh,

Thank for recording the video demonstrating the behavior on your side.

This is really strange indeed. I have tested it on my side on Sitefinity versions 7.0, 7.1 and 7.2 however, I was not able to reproduce the issue. Can you please try to test it on different browsers and let me know about the result? This way we can see if it is browser related.

In addition to this, please try to clear the browser's cache just for test and also recycle the application and then check if the field will appear when you open an existing item for edit.

Can you please let me know if the field appears properly when creating new items of this type?

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Dec-2014 00:00

HiSabrie.

I was testing on different browers (IE, firefox, google chrome), the LinkToPage filed doesn't display.

When I create new items of this type, LinkToPage filed doesn't display.

If you want any infomation, please tell me.

Thanks you very much.

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Dec-2014 00:00

Hi Luyen,

It seems somehow you got two different backend definitions for the Guest Guide type, and the backend page for editing this type is using the wrong one. If that's the case it's quite easy to fix. I have recorded a video demonstrating where to find the backend definitions and how to set the correct one for the backend page.Here is the video.

I strongly recommend to backup your project and database before performing the change to the backend page.

Regards,
Ferdi Nebiev
Telerik

This thread is closed