News page doesn't work correctly

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:19

News page doesn't work correctly

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Dec-2014 00:00

Hey Guys, 

My website has two languages(English and Arabic) and I use the News widget in it.For each language, I have "News List" page to show list of news and "News Details" page to show details of special news.
When I switch between two languages, "News List" page works fine but "News Details" page doesn't work correctly.
Although I set the same URL for translation of news in Arabic and English.

Thanks a lot.

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Dec-2014 00:00

Hi Monire,

Thank you for contacting us. 

When you navigate to the details page of an item, the URL is auto generated from the news item you have clicked. Meaning that if you click News 1 EN the URL of the page will contain the URL of the news item and the widget will resolve the item and show details. 

If you are already in the details of a news item (the URL of the page is localhost:8000/.../news-en) and then you click the other language ('ar'), then the page should be refreshed and the list should be displayed.

Can you please describe what is your set-up for the details page in steps and what is your business case that you are trying to achieve?

Thank you for your cooperation.

Regards,
Kristian Smilenov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed