Error in create a backend page form

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 10:01

Error in create a backend page form

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jan-2015 00:00

Hi,

I've upgraded SF from 7.1 to 7.2 in about two months ago. It seems works fine except create a backend page functionality. When I try to create a new backend page and I select "Put this page..." option as "Under parent page..." then the "Loading..." progress indicator is appears and it seems to displays infinitely.

I've to look at Error.log and I found an related error in it:

----------------------------------------
Timestamp: 1/6/2015 9:15:50 AM

Message: HandlingInstanceID: 85b7c52a-abf5-4812-b78b-4c0df872f00f
An exception of type 'System.ArgumentNullException' occurred and was caught.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
01/06/2015 12:15:50
Type : System.ArgumentNullException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
Parameter name: node
Source : Telerik.Sitefinity
Help link : 
ParamName : node
Data : System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
TargetSite : System.Web.SiteMapNodeCollection GetChildNodes(System.Web.SiteMapNode, Boolean)
HResult : -2147467261
Stack Trace :    at Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SiteMapBase.GetChildNodes(SiteMapNode parent, Boolean ifAccessible)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Pages.Web.Services.PagesService.GetChildPagesFromSitemap[T](Guid parentId, String filter, String siteId, Func`2 createViewModel)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Pages.Web.Services.PagesService.GetChildren(String parentId, String provider, String filter, String siteId)
   at SyncInvokeGetChildren(Object , Object[] , Object[] )
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]& outputs)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage41(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage4(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage31(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage3(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage2(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage11(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage1(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)

Additional Info:

MachineName : SIRIUS
TimeStamp : 1/6/2015 9:15:50 AM
FullName : Telerik.Sitefinity.Utilities, Version=7.2.5324.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563
AppDomainName : /LM/W3SVC/14/ROOT-1-130650091267228829
ThreadIdentity : 
WindowsIdentity : NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE
Requested URL : www.zdorovieinfo.local/.../

Category: ErrorLog

Priority: 0

EventId: 90000

Severity: Error

Title:Enterprise Library Exception Handling

Machine: SIRIUS

App Domain: /LM/W3SVC/14/ROOT-1-130650091267228829

ProcessId: 11080

Process Name: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\inetsrv\w3wp.exe

Thread Name: 

Win32 ThreadId:12544

Extended Properties: 
----------------------------------------

I've created a "clean" project with new database and it seems to have the same problem.

I've upgraded SF to the latest available for my company version 7.2.5324.0 (our subscription has ended and our company not going to prolong it until the first release of our project) from SF's Nuget gallery nuget.sitefinity.com/.../ and it seems to have the same problem.

Is it possible to fix this bug in 7.2.x version without support ticket? (I can provide the sources of my "clean" project if needed.)

If no is it OK if I upgrade nuget packages to previous major release 7.1? Does SF supports downgrade to previous versions for the same database?

Many thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jan-2015 00:00

Hello,

I have managed to reproduce this on my side and have logged the issue as a bug on the following link in our feedback portal. Our developers will be working on fixing this and hopefully we will include a fix for it for one of the internal builds for 7.3.

Please note that downgrades are not supported. The only option to resolve the issue will be to upgrade your project to the Sitefinity version where the issue will be fix. You may refer to our upgrade documentation for more details.

Currently, you can still create backend pages under a parent page. You just need to first select the page under which you would like to create the new page and then to click on the Create a child of the selected page button.  Please refer to the attached screenshot for your reference.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed