You are use a trial version

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 18:44

You are use a trial version

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jan-2015 00:00

I uploaded a sitefinity site to Windows Azure and in some places i obtain the message "You are using a trial versión of sitefinity.....". In my .NET site i put the file "sitefinity.lic" in the folder \App_Data\Sitefinity\. Is that correct ?. Is there another place to put this file?.

Thanks for advance

Nelson

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jan-2015 00:00

Nelson,

There is a link on the Version and Licensing backend page (Administration > Version and Licensing).  Go to this page and you will see a small link that says "Refresh" to pick up the license changes.  Let me know if this helps.

Craig

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jan-2015 00:00

Hello,

@Craig thank you for helping.

@Nelson, you may also take a look at the following article for additional information on how the license key works in Sitefinity:  

How Does the Sitefinity License Key Work?

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jan-2015 00:00

I'm using a sitefinity license registered with the domain "localhost". Is there any way of use this license in a windows azure testing web site without see the message "you are running a trial versión"?. It is necesary to register a particular domain?

Best Regards

Nelson

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Jan-2015 00:00

Hello Nelson,

Please note that if you have not registered a domain Sitefinity will allow you to develop on http://localhost without displaying the trial message. A trial message will be shown only if you run the project on a named domain which you have not registered in your account.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Jan-2015 00:00

That means if i upload the Project to Windows azure on an specific domain the messages will be    shown?. (i have a license register with the domain "localhost"). And what is the process to register another domain?.

Thanks Again.

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jan-2015 00:00

Hello Nelson Daniel,

Since your question is related to licensing, can you please contact directly your account manager. He will be glad to provide you more details on this and to help you to register the domain. 

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Nov-2016 00:00

We are having a similar issue: You are running a trial version of Sitefinity 9.1.
To proceed with your evaluation, press Continue or refresh the page.

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Nov-2016 00:00

Most probably your domain/subdomain defined in your licence and your real domain/subdomain where your website hosted is different. 

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Nov-2016 00:00

This was a configuration issue: the guid did not match the database's sf_page_node rootid did not match the project configuration file.

This thread is closed