Labels & Messages Issues

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:13

Labels & Messages Issues

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Jan-2015 00:00

Hi Telerik team 

When adding a new label to Interface Labels & Messages and later changing the text of the label, all pages and control that are using that resource continue to show the old value even though the backend shows the correct, edited text.

Can someone please tell me why???

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jan-2015 00:00

Hello Luyen Minh,

It seems that the issue might be related to some caching. Can you please try to clear the browser's cache and then test the behavior again. You may also try to restart the application and then browse the pages again. This should resolve the issue.

If the issue still persists after clearing the cache and restarting the application, can you please let me know which are the labels you have edited on your side and more details about the exact use case scenario and the issue you are experiencing in order to try to test the behavior on my side.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Jan-2015 00:00

Hello Sabrie Nedzhip,

I think my problem is Culture. (My Culture is "EN"  )

When I create a new label in sitefinity backend, Application will create two resource file: Labels.en.resx and  Labels.resx

When I update my label: Data in Labels.resx (Invarient language) was changed but data in Labels.en.resx wasn't change.

Default Culture in backend is "EN" and here is my code to get label:

var resource = ResourceManager.GetManager();
                var response = resource.GetResourceOrEmpty(Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture, resourceType, resourceKey);
                if (response != null) result = response.Value;

So could you please tell me how to change data in  Labels.en.resx from backend

Thanks you

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jan-2015 00:00

Hello Luyen Minh,

Can you please try to get the label using the following sample code:

var resources = Res.Get<ResourcesClassName>();
var labelText = resources.Get("LabelName");

The above sample should return the label in the current culture or in the invariant language.

In addition to this, can you please go to Administration -> Labels and Messages and find the label you have added. Then please make sure that you have entered values for the different languages and the values are properly saved. If you change the labels and messages for a first time you need to restart the application in order for the changes to take effect.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed