Backend Edit Form Preview Button Navigate to Wrong Page

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 07:44

Backend Edit Form Preview Button Navigate to Wrong Page

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jan-2015 00:00

Hi All,

Lately i face an issue that preview button at the backend edit form (see attached), when clicked,  it goes to wrong page. Just wonder, if there's any way that i could edit the navigate URL on preview button or perhaps that i need to know where to hide/remove preview button at the backend edit form.

FYI, I'm using Sitefinity 7.1.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Jan-2015 00:00

Hi Dion,

In order to remove the "Preview" button, you need to modify the approval workflow.
First go to your SDK and find ApprovalWorkflow.xamlx (it is inYourInstalationDir\Content\Resources\ApprovalWorkflow.xamlx). Depending on your workflow (default, one level, two level) you need to delete the preview flow (video).

Notice that the Build Actionof the ApprovalWorkflow.xaml must be "Embedded Resource". This changes will need a restart of the application pool. 

Notice also that you need to point the virtual path "~/DefaultWorkflows/ApprovalWorkflow.xamlx" in the Advanced Settings to your customized workflow by setting the ResourceLocation to your modifiedApprovalWorkflow.xamlx file as shown in the video.

More information about customizing Workflow in Sitefinity in the following link:

http://docs.sitefinity.com/for-developers-custom-workflow

Regards,
Junior Dominguez
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Jan-2015 00:00

Hi Dominguez,

Thanks for your help, it works fine :D

This thread is closed