Mobile redirect not working

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 23:52

Mobile redirect not working

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jan-2015 00:00

We are using Sitefinity version 5.2.3800.0 at my work and recently added the Mobile Web Add-on to the license. I have been able to get responsive design working. But I can't get
mobile redirect working. For example, I create a smartphone rule and set “Apply behavior
to” option to “Open a specially prepared site (e.g. mobile version of your site)”. Below that I set “Root page of the specially prepared site” to "mobile", which is a group page at the root of the site.

The site default page is /home. So I created a test "home" test page under "mobile", with the URL /mobile/home. When I navigate to /home in my iPhone Safari browser, it does NOT redirect to /mobile/home like I would expect.

The responsive design behavior option works, so I know the Mobile Web Add-on is working okay. There is not very much documentation on the mobile redirect feature.

What am I doing wrong?

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Jan-2015 00:00

Hi Steve,

We have introduced some fixes and improvements for the responsive design functionality in Sitefinity versions since version 5.2. What I can suggest is to perform a test upgrade to the latest Sitefinity release (Sitefinity 7.3) in order to take advantages of these improvements and to test the behavior after the upgrade.

You may refer to our upgrade documentation about the steps you need to take to upgrade your project. 

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Feb-2015 00:00

Thanks Sabrie!

But I was hoping for an answer using version 5.2. Upgrading to 7.3 in a non-starter for us. We have a lot of custom code and custom fields. Yes there are compelling reasons to upgrade, But we simply don't have the manpower to upgrade at this time.

That said, can you help me with the separate website feature on version 5.2?

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Feb-2015 00:00

Hi Steve,

I have just tested it on a Sitefinity 5.2.3800 project and the Open a specially prepared site option works properly on my side and redirects to the selected mobile page.

I have prepared a short video for your convenience demonstrating the behavior on my side. Since I am testing this in browser, for demonstration reasons I have set the rule to apply for large screens (the Open a specially prepared site option could not be tested by re-sizing the browser's screen).

Can you please make sure that you have properly specified the different screen sizes in the responsive design rule? Can you please also try to modify the rule to apply for devices with large screens as shown in my video and test if you will be redirected to the mobile site when you access the page in browser?

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed