Select Pages on Horizontal with Drop Down Not Working

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:17

Select Pages on Horizontal with Drop Down Not Working

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jan-2015 00:00

I'm using sitefinity's horizontal with drop down menu, and I've chosen to select the pages that are displayed. I want to select everything under a parent page (Authorized Users) including Authorized Users itself (so it displays on the main menu). However, when I select ONLY the things under Authorized Users (including Authorized User) it displays all parent pages as well. All the parent pages are selected to display in navigations, as I have multiple navigations and need them to display in those. I attached screenshots to help.

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Feb-2015 00:00

Hi Michelle,

Can you please refer to the following documentation article on how you can display all nodes under a particular parent page and include the parent node in the navigation as well.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Feb-2015 00:00

Hi Sabrie,

Thanks for responding.. I followed the article directly, including using the same navigation and I keep getting this error:

There is no "ParentItemTemplate" included in your LightNavigationControl template

Followed by:

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.
Stack Trace: 

[Exception: There is no "ParentItemTemplate" included in your LightNavigationControl template]
Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.NavigationControls.NavigationContainer.BindParentItem(SiteMapNode node, Control parent) +317
Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.NavigationControls.NavigationContainer.CreateChildControls() +143
Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.NavigationControls.NavigationContainer.DataBind() +24
System.Web.UI.Control.DataBindChildren() +12745319
System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind(Boolean raiseOnDataBinding) +321
Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.NavigationControls.LightNavigationControl.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +141
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +113
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +222
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +4297

I'm not even sure what "Light navigation template" is, I haven't created any thing called that.

Thanks,

Michelle

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Mar-2015 00:00

Hi Michelle,

In order to display the parent page, can you please try the steps below:

1. Please select one of the All pages under currently opened page or All sibling pages of currently opened page modes for the navigation widget
2. Please go to the navigation widget's Advanced settings and set the ShowParentPage property to true
3. Edit the selected template (should be multi-level, e.g. Vertical navigation with sublevels(treeview) or Horizontal with dropdowns) and add a ParentItemTemplate element.

Here is a sample of the Vertical navigation with sublevels (treeview) template where I have added the ParentItemTemplate element:

<%@ Control Language="C#" %>
<%@ Import Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.NavigationControls.Extensions.LightNavigationControlTemplate" %>
<%@ Import Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.NavigationControls" %>

<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" TagPrefix="navigation" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.NavigationControls" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI" %>

<sf:ResourceLinks runat="server" UseEmbeddedThemes="true" Theme="Basic">
    <sf:ResourceFile Name="Telerik.Sitefinity.Resources.Themes.Basic.Styles.nav.widget.css" Static="true" />
    <sf:ResourceFile Name="Telerik.Sitefinity.Resources.Scripts.Kendo.styles.kendo_common_min.css" Static="true" />
    <sf:ResourceFile JavaScriptLibrary="JQuery" />
    <sf:ResourceFile JavaScriptLibrary="KendoWeb" />
</sf:ResourceLinks>

<navigation:SitefinitySiteMapDataSource runat="server" ID="dataSource" />

<sf:SitefinityLabel id="title" runat="server" WrapperTagName="div" HideIfNoText="true" HideIfNoTextMode="Server" />
<div class="sfNavWrp sfNavTreeviewWrp <%= this.GetCssClass() %>">
    <%-- responsive design section - renders templates for the responsive design--%>
    <navigation:NavTransformationTemplate runat="server" TransformationName="ToToggleMenu" TemplateName="ToggleMenu" />
    <navigation:NavTransformationTemplate runat="server" TransformationName="ToDropDown" TemplateName="Dropdown" />
    <%-- end of the responsive design section --%>

<ul class="sfNavTreeview sfNavList" runat="server" id="navigationUl">
        <navigation:NavigationContainer runat="server" DataSourceID="dataSource">

<ParentItemTemplate>                    
                     <li>
                       <a id="A1" runat="server" href="javascript:void(0);"><%# Eval("Title") %></a>                                                
                       </li>                   
       </ParentItemTemplate>
          <Templates>
                  <navigation:NavigationTemplate>
                        <Template>
                            <li>          
                                <a runat="server" href='<%# NavigationUtilities.ResolveUrl(Container.DataItem) %>' target='<%# NavigationUtilities.GetLinkTarget(Container.DataItem) %>'><%# Eval("Title") %></a>         
                                <ul runat="server" id="childNodesContainer"></ul>
                            </li>                                       
                        </Template>
                      <SelectedTemplate>
                            <li>          
                                <a runat="server" href='<%# NavigationUtilities.ResolveUrl(Container.DataItem) %>' class="sfSel" target='<%# NavigationUtilities.GetLinkTarget(Container.DataItem) %>'><%# Eval("Title") %></a>         
                                <ul runat="server" id="childNodesContainer"></ul>
                            </li>                                       
                        </SelectedTemplate>
                    </navigation:NavigationTemplate>
                </Templates>
        </navigation:NavigationContainer>
    </ul>
</div>

<%-- link to Kendo documentation http://demos.kendoui.com/web/treeview/index.html --%>

<script type="text/javascript">
    (function ($)
        var kendoTreeView = $('.sfNavTreeview').not('div.k-treeview .sfNavTreeview').kendoTreeView(
            animation: false,
            expand: function (e)
                if (window.DataIntelligenceSubmitScript)
                    DataIntelligenceSubmitScript._client.sentenceClient.writeSentence(
                        predicate: "Toggle navigation",
                        object: this.dataItem(e.node).text,
                        objectMetadata: [

'K': 'PageTitle',
                                                        'V': document.title

'K': 'PageUrl',
                                                        'V': location.href

]
                    );

).data('kendoTreeView');
        kendoTreeView.expand(kendoTreeView.element.find(".k-item"));
    )(jQuery);
</script>

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jun-2015 00:00

Thanks for the response Telerik, but it's literally​ six months later. I posted this in January and February... this problem is long gone and I found some other way to do it. Glad to see your forum is fixed, it's been a while. You guys were great at responding back in August, ever since then you've  been MIA. Sorry, but too little too late. Maybe this response will help someone in the future.

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jun-2015 00:00

Hi,

We aim to give a chance to the community members to assist and provide useful suggestions. This is the reason why we do not always provide replies in the forum threads. Moreover, I would like to inform you that we update existing forms when we have further information on specific requirement, question or problem discussed.

Have in mind that you can take advantage of the other support or premium services listed here.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Oct-2016 00:00

Hi there, I followed the directions on this page: 

docs.sitefinity.com/display-the-parent-node-in-the-navigation-widget

And received the same error as the previous poster:

There is no "ParentItemTemplate" included in your LightNavigationControl template

I then found this thread by searching the error.  The directions above are the same from the previous page I think?  

I have my display setting set to:

All pages under currently opened page

And my template set to:

Vertical with sublevels (treeview)

But I still went through the steps again to make sure.  I even did a compare on the template you have above and mine and they are exactly the same but I still receive the error.  Anything else I can try?

Thanks,

Coty

This thread is closed