"OpenAccessDataProvider" Issue

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 23:10

"OpenAccessDataProvider" Issue

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Feb-2015 00:00

Hi All,

I encountered the following error when upgrading to 7.1. My sitefinity DB is constructed and maintained on V5.1. When migrating to 7.1,  it reports this error.

Any one can help me out? Thanks

Configuration ErrorDescription: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. 

Parser Error Message: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

Source Error: 

Line 216: <providers>
Line 217: <clear />
Line 218: <add name="SitefinitySiteMap" type="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SitefinitySiteMap, Telerik.Sitefinity" taxonomyProvider="OpenAccessDataProvider" pageTaxonomy="Pages" rootNode="FrontendSiteMap" pageProvider="OpenAccessDataProvider" />
Line 219: </providers>
Line 220: </siteMap>

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Feb-2015 00:00

Hello Kevin,

Judging by the error message it seems that the issue occurs in the web.config file, however it is hard to tell what could have caused this issue.

Can you please compare the web.config of your upgraded project with the web.config of the _EmptyProject the Sitefinity version you have upgraded to and check if there are any missing entries? If yes, please add the missing entries and test the behavior again. 

You may also try to replace the web.config in your project with the one from the _EmptyProject of your current Sitefinity version.

In addition to this, what I can also suggest is to restore the backup of the project before the upgrade and perform the upgrade again by strictly following the instructions from our upgrade documentation.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed