Cannot publish page. Help!!

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 18:15

Cannot publish page. Help!!

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Feb-2015 00:00

After upgrade from Sitefinity v5.1 to v7.1, I cannot see a page previously visible. It reports 404 error. When I try to publish it in Sitefinity dashboard, it gives the following error:

Page New Line Staff page: Method 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Pages.Model.PageNode Get()' declared on type 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Fluent.Pages.PageFacade' cannot be called with instance of type 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Fluent.Pages.PageFacade'

Can anyone help me solve this? Thank you!

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Feb-2015 00:00

I'd like to add: the status of the page is shown as "Published". However I cannot see it through browser. Plus when republishing it, I got the error as

"Method 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Pages.Model.PageNode Get()' declared on type
'Telerik.Sitefinity.Fluent.Pages.PageFacade' cannot be called with
instance of type 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Fluent.Pages.PageFacade"

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Feb-2015 00:00

Hi Kevin,

I have replied in the support ticket you have opened for this issue. I am pasting the reply in this forum thread as well:

I have successfully logged in to your website and observed the issue you are having with publishing pages in the Sitefinity backend. I can see that you have set the WorkflowBaseURL under Administration -> Settings -> Advanced -> System -> ServicesPaths to the domain of your website.

Please also note that the WorkflowBaseURL setting must be applied to the domain name which is also used in IIS to bind the server IP to it. For example if the domain (mydomain.com) is associated with the server IP 83.142.17.132, the bindings in IIS should be as follows:

type:  http
hostname: mydomain.com
port: 80
IP address: 83.142.17.132

In addition to this, can you please also test to remove the WorkflowBaseURL, save the changes, restart the application and open the project to verify if the issue persists.

As for the issue with the pages throwing 404 Not found error, I am not able to reproduce it when viewing the pages on the frontend? Can you please give me a list of the pages which are resulting in 404 error when they are requested in browser?

In addition to this, can you please let me know if the project runs properly and you are able to publish pages when you are running the project locally? Does the issue reproduce only after you deploy the project to production or it also reproduces when you run the project locally?

In addition to this, I would also advice to check the following KB article which might also help you to fix the issue which you are experiencing when publishing pages:

Pages cannot be published after installation

You can share with the community once the issue is resolved.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed