Label for Comment and Comments in CommentCounter Control in

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 09:15

Label for Comment and Comments in CommentCounter Control in lower case

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Feb-2015 00:00

Dear all,

we want to translate some labels to german. Now we translated the labels for 'comment' and 'comments' into 'Kommentar' and 'Kommentare'. But unfortunately on the published site we see only 'kommentar' and 'kommentare' (lower case). I find out that this is done in Javascript. In line 5426 and 5427 of "file" /Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd?_TSM_HiddenField_=ctl21_TSM&compress=0&_TSM_CombinedScripts_=%3b%3bSystem.Web.Extensions%2c+Version%3d4.0.0.0%2c+Culture%3dneutral

jQuery.each(commmentsCounterControls,function(index,commentsCounterControl)var currentCountFormatted="";
var displayMode=jQuery(commentsCounterControl).attr("displayMode");
if((!currentCount||currentCount==0)&&!(displayMode==="IconOnly"))currentCountFormatted=that.get_leaveCommentText();
if(currentCount>0&&currentCount<100)currentCountFormatted=currentCount;
elseif(currentCount>=100)currentCountFormatted=that.get_ninetyNinePlusText();
if(displayMode==="FullText"&&currentCount==1)currentCountFormatted+=" "+that.get_commentText().toLowerCase();
elseif(displayMode==="FullText"&&currentCount>1)currentCountFormatted+=" "+that.get_commentsText().toLowerCase();
jQuery(commentsCounterControl).html(currentCountFormatted);
if(displayMode==="IconOnly")that._setImages(currentCount,commentsCounterControl);
);

We are using Build version: 7.3.5614.0. How can we solve this problem?

Best regards

Eric

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Feb-2015 00:00

Hi Eric,

I was not able to reproduce this behavior on my side and the labels for the comments appear as I have set them under Administration -> Labels and Messages. I am sending attached a short video for your reference demonstrating this.

The issue on your side might be caused by some custom css styles. Can you please create a new page with no template and then check if the label will be displayed lowercase?

In addition to this, you may also use your custom css styles with an !important clause to make the first letter of the label to be uppercase. The css class of the label is sfcommentsTitle. Please refer to the following thread where the same has been discussed.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed