How long does MVC cache take to get cleared?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 17:55

How long does MVC cache take to get cleared?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Feb-2015 00:00

I created an MVC widget which pulls an instagram feed. I changed from my test account to the production account, so that I could start pulling from the production account, and I'm still getting my test account data. I assume there's some sort of caching going on? Question 1 -- how long does it take for that cache to get updated? And question 2 -- is there a way to clear it more quickly, maybe not on every load, but at least once so I can see the production account is going to get pull as I'd expect?

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Feb-2015 00:00

I should note that I turned off caching and restarted IIS. Still the old data. What gives?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Mar-2015 00:00

Hi Ed,

With Sitefinity, you can configure the way your content and pages is cached. You can configure the following types of cache: Output cache (stored on the server) and Client cache (stored on the browser). 

Also Sitefinity has the database caching (Open Access 2nd level cache) - is used to cache database query results for subsequent requests. To control the database caching, click Administration > Settings > Advances > Data. In single instance mode, database caching is turned on by default.
Using L2 cache can significantly increase the overall performance of your application.

However, this issue looks like very strange because when an Application pool is restarted, all type of cache should be cleaning. May be the problem is something else. 
Could you please give us more information about the issue and the widget that you use.

Regards,
Pavel Uzunov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Mar-2015 00:00

MVC Widgets can't do cache substitution...so you can't have cache enabled and do something like @if(User.IsAuthenticated)

// do X

else

// do y

To be fixed no time soon...

Pavel is right though, should be updated by restarting IIS...you sure the new account has been set?

This thread is closed