Sitefinity 6.3.5000 missing responsive design

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 22:11

Sitefinity 6.3.5000 missing responsive design

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Mar-2015 00:00

I did a fresh install and a migration install of 6.3.5000. I noticed I was missing the design->responsive design menu option in the backend and checked the fresh/blank install and the menu item was there. i checked in config files and i noticed that i had some lines that were missing and a couple were disabled. 

fixes
=====
--ContentViewConfig.config
line 183 <config:link definitionName="RulesGroupBackend" path="responsiveDesignConfig/contentViewControls/RulesGroupBackend" module="ResponsiveDesign" />
--DataConfig.config
line 21 <add version="6.3.5000.0" name="ResponsiveDesign" />
line 27 <add version="6.3.5000.0" name="MobileAppBuilder" />
--Files found. searched for 'responsive'
/website/sitefinity/services file exists

Any other ideas on how I can readd the menu item? I can create the page group and the page, but not sure how to add the widget for it (i notice i can define settings but still not able to add the blank widget and then define to it?)

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Mar-2015 00:00

Hello Richard,

Based on what I understand - your responsive design module is active, but you do not see the pages associated with it.

In general our build in modules are set to re-create their resources upon installation. Therefore what you can try is going to Administration->Backend Pages. Try and locate any responsive design pages. Delete them if they exist.

Then go to Administration->Modules and Services and locate the Responsive and Mobile design module. Deactivate, uninstall and then install the module. This should re-create your pages in the Design node.

Regards,
Ivan D. Dimitrov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Mar-2015 00:00

Thank you. That worked like a charm. Also had to update the licence but things are now ready. Apart from some of the video's I've found, do you have any sources on creating mobile friendly designs with Sitefinity in mind? Ones that you would recommend? I'm going to be presenting Sitefinity's ability to go mobile friendly and how we will need to update/change our templates and designs. So I'm looking at best practices and how Sitefinity embraces these. 

Thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Mar-2015 00:00

Hi Richard,

Since I am not a designer, the best I can recommend is for you to explore the functionality our Responsive module offers. Should you have any questions in particular to this functionality or you feel that the documentation is insufficient on this module, you are always free to submit a support ticket where we can address your requirements.

Regards,
Ivan D. Dimitrov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed