Multilanguage templates

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 21:45

Multilanguage templates

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Mar-2015 00:00

Hi,

We are using Sitefinity 7.3 with Feather for building a site with an English and French versions. We are using one template for the whole site and by now we haven't translated the template but we did have translation of all of the pages and the content in it (Widgets and/or modules). Since we have header and footer widgets that are put in the template, we had to create a separate French version and once we did, everything (the widgets, content and the actual template in the template viewer) went semi-transparent and if we open any of the pages in French they are all blank, while the English ersion continue to work as it should. When editing the pages we can see that some of the content is showing (semi-transparently in the background) but without any styling from the view. Most of the widgets (if not all of them) are custom, as well as the modules and the template itself. I've stepped trough the code and everything looks normal, the widgets are loaded successfully with the French content and the correct view along with all of the needed resources (js, css etc.) are returned to the browser.

I wonder if this is something that happens regularly or is some weird case of ours. 

As an addition I'm providing you with screenshot from the template and part of the page edit.

Мерси

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Mar-2015 00:00

Hello Aleksandar,

If I correctly understand your issue - the controls on the translated template loses their layout control wrapper.
If so I would recommend you to re-add the controls on the placeholders as shown the that video demonstration.

I hope this information helps.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed