Sitefinity 7.3 Dynamic Content list template reverts

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:23

Sitefinity 7.3 Dynamic Content list template reverts

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Mar-2015 00:00

Sitefinity v7.3.5610.  I've created new List & Detail templates for a dynamic content object through the List Settings & Single Item Settings dialogs in the CMS.  My changes to the templates keep reverting back to the default each time I deploy to our production server.  When I deploy, I typically only push the bin and Mvc folders from my project.  I never deploy the config files.  Any idea why this keeps happening?  Where are these templates stored?

Also, when I try to click the Revision History link when editing a list template, I get an error saying:

Cannot read property 'executeItemCommand' of null. 

This occurs in Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.ControlTemplates.Web.UI.ControlTemplateEditor.openHistoryGrid

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Mar-2015 00:00

Hi Rich,

The templates modifications and new templates for the widgets are saved in the database. This is why the changes do not take effect on the other environment. Regarding the issue with the revision history, we will need further details. It would be helpful to clear the error logs in App_Data -> Sitefinity -> Logs, reproduce the issue and send us the new log. However, I will recommend submitting a support ticket regarding this issue.

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed