Widget does not show when not logged in

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 10:48

Widget does not show when not logged in

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Mar-2015 00:00

Hi,

I created a widget that loads some dynamic data. When I'm not logged in into the backend, the widget doesn't show.

I've checked the permissions for the widget itself and also permissions for the Dynamic Content Items. All View permissions are set to Everyone, so that should do the trick.

What else can be wrong?

Best,
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Mar-2015 00:00

Hello,

The problem may be that when not logged in the Sitefinity API for Dynamic modules may not be executing at all, you can check in debug if the API calls gets executed and return any data. This non execution is caused by a requirement that the API is executed only for authenticated users and to bypass authentication requirements wrap the code that uses Sitefinity API in

ElevatedModeRegion
a sample is available here.

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi Stanislav,

This was also an issue with the built-in widget for the Dynamic Module. I applied this fix: www.sitefinity.com/.../unable-to-access-dynamic-items-permissions-section-after-an-upgrade-to-sitefinity-7.3

And it worked for one Dynamic Module. The other one is now fixed after upgrading to 8.0.

Best,
Daniel

Hello Daniel,

The problem that the KB article address is for not correctly applying permissions for users other that users in role Administrators with this I assume the use of ElevatedModeRegion wrapping the code of the custom widgets now gives results and the widgets work when a non authenticated user view a page witht he widgets.

If there is still a problem persisting please let me know.

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed