XML file updates in back end but will not update on live sit

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 19:39

XML file updates in back end but will not update on live site...

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Mar-2015 00:00

First of all, I work for a growing company who has to make constant changes on our website and I am a Wordpress user, so Sitefinity is way over my head. Also we are using a super old version (3.7) and are planning on updating in the near future, but right now we still have to make updates to the current site. It's difficult to gain access to our developer for any changes. They implemented an interactive flash map on our website's locations page. We are adding new locations and while I've somehow figured out how to edit the xml file myself and upload it, according to the developer, it's supposed to automatically update.

I went into our FTP to view the file and while it's updated there, it will not update on our live site. It also isn't in any module or content block that is editable...almost like it's a part of the template and I can't get to it. I attached two screen shots of the updated file via FTP and what our website shows. Can anyone think of any Sitefinity for Dummies answers for this one?

1st screenshot is from FTP

2nd screenshot is from SITE

This thread is closed