Database maintenance Sitefinity 6.2

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 13:02

Database maintenance Sitefinity 6.2

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Mar-2015 00:00

Hello,

I recently inherited a Sitefinity 6.2 web site.  One of the concerns is that the Sitefinity MSSQL website is 2GB.  Assets are stored in FileSystem.  In reviewing the tables, I noticed these are pretty large:
  sf_chunks
  sf_permissions
  sf_version_chnges
  sf_control_properties
  sf_object_data
 sf_object_data_sf_permissions

Is there any documentation on how to clean up old data? 

If we have to manually delete, can we delete based on last_modified, and if so, what are the related tables we should delete rows from as well (what's the PK/FK?)? 

Thanks.

I'd try to stay away from making direct database changes, it's too easy to miss something.

If you are going to delete, I'd stick to the API:

docs.sitefinity.com/for-developers-delete-images

But I think a better solution, is to change the storage provider of the images.  

docs.sitefinity.com/storage-providers-for-libraries

You can use either the file system or some kind of CDN host like Amazon.  This will free up space in the database, and if you store the images remotely, you'll lessen your server burden a bit.

I am already using the FileSystem to store files/documents/images.

With files/documents/images already in the FileSystem, the database is still very large.  I narrowed it down to the above-mentioned tables.  How do I shrink those down?  Is there an admin function I can use?

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Apr-2015 00:00

Dear Victor 

This might be totaly unrelated but I had some SQL Database that had a lot of free space reserved.

After I BACKUP my database I run this script 

EXEC sp_MSforeachtable @command1="print '?' DBCC DBREINDEX ('?', ' ', 80)"

Will fill the transaction protocol so you need space and be able to delete the transaction protocol but it helps me to free unused space.

Not sure if this is for older SQL Servers or working in current ones as well.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Apr-2015 00:00

Hello Markus,

Thank you for the shared solution.

@Keat, you can also take a look on that article.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed