Email Campaign Not delivered

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 03:54

Email Campaign Not delivered

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Mar-2015 00:00

We have an issue with our email campaign, we are able to send the campaign to any email address internally but any email address that is not on the same exchange server that we are using for sending emails fails to send and we end up with the Not delivered message. I am able to send a test message through the settings page to outside email address.

Hi Nick,

I'm assigned for the case that your created using our services.

I would like you to perform a quick test using the free tool smtp4dev.
When starting this application, click on 'options' and select tab 'Server'.
Set the port number to the same port number as configured in the advanced settings > Notifications of your project.

Then, delete the files that are listed under ~\App_Data\Sitefinity\Logs and then run the email campaign again.
When this is completed, attach any newly created log files to this case and check if all emails (internal & external) where sniffed by smtp4dev.

Finally, can you clarify where you see the 'not delivered' messages ?

Regards,
Sven Cuypers
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi Sven,

I assume you want me to run this tool on the exchange server. Which is not possible, due to me not having access to this server. When I run it on the web server I get no results. Also there isn't any logs created when sending out a newsletter. The not delivered message is appearing by clicking on the Full report button for the campaign and then clicking on view all subscribers. I can confirm that the message I am seeing is correct as the recipient of this newsletter is letting me know it hasn't come through. The email address for the not delivered is also correct as I am able to send emails to it through outlook.

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Mar-2015 00:00

Hi Nick,

You should try to run smtp4dev on the machine your SiteFinity project is hosted on.
Configure the port in smtp4dev to 26 (must be a free port).
Then go to your SiteFinity project to Administration > Settings > Advanced > Notifications > Profiles > your_profile
Over here, set host = localhost and port = 26.

When you now run an issue in your email campaign, the mails will be sent to smtp4dev tool and all successful sent mails will appear in this tool.

Verify in this tool if there are emails missing. If all emails are there, SiteFinity has successfully sent out the email campaign and this will be most likely an issue on the mailserver.
You might need get IT involved to further investigate this.

Regards,
Sven Cuypers

Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed