Search indexing with Static HTML in pages throw nullpointere

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 10:17

Search indexing with Static HTML in pages throw nullpointerexception.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Apr-2015 00:00

Re-indexing the search index with static html in pages marked check, throws nullpointerexception.

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Apr-2015 00:00

Hi Prateek,

Do you have any MVC controllers where Page data is used (for example: SiteMapBase.GetCurrentNode()).

If so - this is bug logged in our Feedback portal, which is fixed in the latest internal build (8.0.5704.0) and you can upgrade your project to that version in order to resolve it.

If not the case, you can try on a backup copy of your project to remove the Search index folder (~/App_Data/Sitefinity/Search) and to reindex (or just recreate the index).

In case this do not helps, I would recommend you to open a support ticket in order to provide your project for further investigation.

I hope this information helps.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 15-May-2015 00:00

hi,

I am using sitefinity 7.3 i get null reference  error popup when I reindex the search index please reply me as soon as possible  

Posted by Community Admin on 15-May-2015 00:00

Hello Vakeel,

You can try to remove the index files under:
~/App_Data/Sitefinity/Search
and reindex.

In case the issue persists, I would recommend you to open a support ticket in order to inspect the project more detailed, as the error is very general and it is hard to determine what causing it.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed