Multi Language selector Drop down

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 17:56

Multi Language selector Drop down

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Apr-2015 00:00

I have 3 languages(English,Spanish,Chinese).if i select Spanish from language selector combo box url is not redirecting to Spanish Home Page.Please provide me solution as soon as possible.

What version of Sitefinity are you using?

suresh,

Are each of the pages different and have separate content or are they synced?  When you create a translation of the page it will ask you if you want to sync the contents or create a different set of contents.  If they are in sync the contents will be exactly the same.

Also, the language selector widget itself has a few settings.  I am testing with the following settings...

• Display language selector as...  Drop-down menu
  • Include the current language in the selector UNCHECKED
  • What to do with languages without translations?  Redirect to the home page of the language of the missing translation

Are these settings similar to yours?

suresh,

In my test I created a home page with three languages (English/Spanish/Chinese), each with different content.  I then created another page called "products" in just English.  Using the settings described above for my language selection, when I change the drop down to Spanish it redirects to the Spanish home page.

Is this what you are expecting your site to also do?

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Apr-2015 00:00

Yes the above settings are same to me.i have 3 languages like below

English(Content is in English)
--Home
  --Products
--Contact us
-----------------
Spanish(Content is in Spanish)
--Home
  --Products
--Contact us
----------------
Chinese(Content is in Chinese)
--Home
  --Products
--Contact us

Now Home page i have combobox with three options like "English","Spanish","Chinese".after loading home page i want to show English version if i select Spanish language from drop down Spanish version pages should be displayed.

This thread is closed