Type is enhanced and registered, but not avaiable from the d

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 17:09

Type is enhanced and registered, but not avaiable from the database clas meta data

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-May-2015 00:00

Hi,

I am getting exception "Type is enhanced and registered, but not avaiable from the database clas meta data" in Sitefinity 7.2. The way to reproduce this is

Step 1. ) Navigate to Administration->Settings->Advanced->Data->set Enable Data Caching to false
Step 2 .) IISReset
 Step 3.) Navigate to any ecommerce front end pages which will be calling any manager like var mgr = Catalogmanager.GetManager(); mgr.GetProducts().FirstOrDefault();
 Step 4.) Ideally the exception can occur here. If not then repeat Step 1 and set Enable Data Caching to empty value.
 Step 5.) IISReset
 By now you should get the error most likely in the index page itself or the page where you are calling the instance of the CatalogManger. The worst part is this occurs even in Sitefinity backend pages too :-(

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Praneeth

Posted by Community Admin on 04-May-2015 00:00

Hello,

We provided an answer in the following forum thread:

www.sitefinity.com/.../type-is-enhanced-and-registered-but-not-avaiable-from-the-database-clas-meta-data

Please refer to it for further information.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 07-May-2015 00:00

Hi Stefani,

I did a successfuly migration to 7.3 after spending more than 24 hours as we had to fix Lucene search as the API is completely changed. However, now I am getting 2 exceptions of which I am attaching the errors. Please suggest a solution other than migrating to Sitefinity 8.0. We really do not have the time frame to accomodate the migration neither is our customer going to pay for the migration.

Thanks

Praneeth

Posted by Community Admin on 11-May-2015 00:00

Hello Praneeth,

Can you please recycle the application and let me know if the issue still persists?

What I can also suggest is to take a look at the following forum thread where the same issue related to the "Type is enhanced" error is being discussed. Can you please add the code sample in the Application_Error() method in the Global.asax file as described there.

On the if clause I'd suggest to also check the message for the InvalidOperationException as shown below:

if (((err is ArgumentOutOfRangeException) && err.Message.StartsWith("Type is enhanced and registered")) || ((err is Telerik.OpenAccess.Exceptions.InvalidOperationException && err.Message.StartsWith ("SingleFieldIdentity refers to unresolvable type"))))

Then please build the solution and restart the application. When the issue reproduces again, please send us the Trace.log file to inspect it further. This may provide us more details about the issue and what is causing it.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed