<i> tag in content block

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 09:19

tag in content block

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-May-2015 00:00

I find when using the <I> tag in a content block it is being changed to an <em> tag?  Is this just me, or is this an issue?

Posted by Community Admin on 20-May-2015 00:00

Hello David,

This is expected behaviour due to the applied RadEditor filters. It changes the i tag with the semantic em tag.

In case you need to change this behaviour you can stop the filters applied or set only that you need. You can do that under:
Administration > Settings > Advanced > Appearance > RadEditor filters for Content block widget
and change the DefaultFilters to None and Save the changes.

More information about the RadEditor filters could be found here:and here.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 22-May-2015 00:00

Thanks that did it.  Be nice to just be able to change the one filter <I> in future versions.

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Nov-2015 00:00

I am using latest version of Sitefinity and changing this setting did not help. It still switches back to <em> before saving changes. Is there another setting change required for this to work with latest version of sitefinity?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Dec-2015 00:00

Hello Atit,

Please make sure that the filters are changed to the area you need (screenshot):
- Content Block: RadEditor filters for Content block widget
- Content Item creation: Rad Editor's content filters

I hope this helps 

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Dec-2015 00:00

@Atit if you're using the MVC Content block widget it changes i to em...no (easy) way to fix it

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Dec-2015 00:00

Hi Steve, Svetoslav,

I managed to get it work with help from support team. Abstract from the ticket for fix is as below.

===================================

In order to modify this behavior you need to change default content filters. By default the following filters are applied:

RemoveScripts
FixEnclosingP
ConvertFontToSpan
EncodeScripts
StripCssExpressions
IECleanAnchors
ConvertToXhtml
OptimizeSpans
FixUlBoldItalic
MozEmStrong
IndentHTMLContent
ConvertCharactersToEntities
ConvertTags
Please refer to the following KB article where you can see how you can change default filters.

Control which filters the RadEditor uses

What you need to do is to remove DefaultFilters and then add all the desired filters only. After that you have to restart the application in order changes to take effect.

=====================================

I had to disable FixUlBoldItalic, MozEmStrong and ConvertTags for this to work.

Thanks for help. I hope this information will help someone else too.

Thanks
Atit

Posted by Community Admin on 14-May-2016 00:00

@Steve, we're having the same issue with upgraded feather MVC Content Block widget.  Did you find a way to fix it?  Thanks

This thread is closed