Issue facing while re-indexing the search index

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 13:52

Issue facing while re-indexing the search index

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 21-May-2015 00:00

Hi Team,

I am facing an issue while perform re-index of search index created, It throws an Null Pointer exception and shows 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object'.

I am using sitefinity version 7.0

Help me get the issue resolved please.

Thanks for the help.

Harry

Posted by Community Admin on 22-May-2015 00:00

Hi

I have created a new search index with checked "Static HTML In Pages". But I found no folder in AppData/Sitefinity/Search directory for the search index.

When I go for re-index it, it throws null pointer exception and "Object reference not set an instance of an object" on browser.

Exception is logged as :

Message: HandlingInstanceID: 2f7c237c-93a9-4d9a-a077-1384674ae69b
An exception of type 'System.NullReferenceException' occurred and was caught.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Type : System.NullReferenceException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
Message : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Source : Telerik.Sitefinity
Help link :
Data : System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
TargetSite : Void ToPublishingPoint()
HResult : -2147467261
Stack Trace :    at Telerik.Sitefinity.Publishing.Pipes.PageInboundPipe.ToPublishingPoint()
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Publishing.PublishingManager.InvokeInboundPushPipes(PublishingPoint point, String providerName)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Publishing.Web.Services.PublishingAdminService.ReindexSearchContent(String providerName, String pointId)
   at SyncInvokeReindexSearchContent(Object , Object[] , Object[] )
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]& outputs)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage41(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage4(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage31(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage3(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage2(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage11(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage1(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)​

Please provide me solution of this issue.

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 26-May-2015 00:00

Hello Harry,

The issue is cased by a bug in our system which we have logged on the following link in our feedback portal. It occurs when you have created a redirect page in your Sitefinity project and then have deleted the page to which it redirects and this is causing the issue when trying to re-index. Can you please review the redirect pages on your side and check if the pages they redirect to are properly set and that these are existing pages in Sitefinity.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed