Categories problem -- Serialize Parameter ?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 16:49

Categories problem -- Serialize Parameter ?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Jun-2015 00:00

My company is using the Sitefinity 8.0.5700.0 Standard Edition for our website -- Every time I try to access "Categories" or even add categories when I'm publishing a list/news item, this message pops up: 

Cannot serialize parameter of type 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.Services.TaxonomyCollectionContext'(for operation 'GetTaxa', contract 'IHierarchicalTaxonService') because it is not the exact type 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.Services.CollectionContext`1[Telerik.Sitefinity.Taxonomies.Web.Services.WcfHierarchicalTaxon]' in the method signature and is not in the known types collecetion. In order to serialize the parameter, add the type of the known types collection for the operation using ServiceKnownTypeAttribute. 

When I press okay, the page just keeps on loading, but I never get to access the Categories page.  Does anyone know the problem or have any solution?​ Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jun-2015 00:00

Hi Patricia,

I would recommend you to try on backup copy of the project to upgrade it to the latest Internal Build (you can download it form your account).

In case this do not helps to open a support ticket where to investigate the issue more detailed.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed