Custom URL Formats for Sitefinity Content Modules (News)

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 16:31

Custom URL Formats for Sitefinity Content Modules (News)

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jun-2015 00:00

Hi all,

I followed the steps in creating a custom url for the News based on (www.sitefinity.com/.../custom_url_formats_for_sitefinity_content_modules)

I am having an issue that when I preview the draft or unpublished news it throws a 404 error.

If I publish the news and preview it, this works all perfect.

So the error/bug is when I want to preview the draft or unpublished news the url doesn't have the sitefinity url rules (query) that it suppose to. 

example: /media-centre/news/2015/05/14/2014/investorsurveysummary?sf-lc-status=Master&sf-content-action=preview&sf-auth=fn​sadsad

instead it gives us /media-centre/news/2015/05/14/2014/investorsurveysummary which is the live link but it won't show because the visibilty is off since the news is draft or unpublished. Is there a workaround for this to maintain the query for custom url formats in Sitefinity?

Thanks in advance!

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jun-2015 00:00

Hello Marco,

I have attempted to reproduce this in our local environment without any success, as the preview functionality works properly with the custom urls as shown in this video

Can you verify the value for the urlFormat field is set as noted in this documentation article?

Regards,
Angel Moret
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed