EventsCalendarView by SitefinityEngineers Crash

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 13:52

EventsCalendarView by SitefinityEngineers Crash

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jun-2015 00:00

I downloaded this add-on from the marketplace to use for my website: www.sitefinity.com/.../eventscalendarview . But when I followed the instructions and downloaded the .dll in my bin folder, it crashed my website as well as the functionalities on the admin side. (See attached pic) 

Is there anyway I could still install this for my website or anyway someone can let me know how to add the description content in the popup of Sitefinity's calendar instead of having just the title & date? Also to have a 12 hr format instead of the 24? 

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jun-2015 00:00

Hi Patricia,

The error is caused by the fact that EventsCalendarView has compatibility with Sitefinity 5.x. This means that in order to run it on a higher version you have to include some binding redirects in your web.config like so:

<runtime>

<assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
    <dependentAssembly>
      <assemblyIdentity name="Telerik.Sitefinity" publicKeyToken="b28c218413bdf563" culture="neutral" />
      <bindingRedirect oldVersion="5.4.4010.0" newVersion="8.0.5717.0" />
    </dependentAssembly>
    <dependentAssembly>
      <assemblyIdentity name="Telerik.Sitefinity.ContentModules" publicKeyToken="b28c218413bdf563" culture="neutral" />
    </dependentAssembly>
    <dependentAssembly>
      <assemblyIdentity name="Telerik.Web.UI" publicKeyToken="121fae78165ba3d4" culture="neutral" />
      <bindingRedirect oldVersion="2012.3.1308.40" newVersion="2015.1.225.40" />
    </dependentAssembly>
    <dependentAssembly>
      <assemblyIdentity name="Telerik.Sitefinity.Model" publicKeyToken="b28c218413bdf563" culture="neutral" />
    </dependentAssembly>
  </assemblyBinding>

</runtime>

The newVersion attribute may vary for you so what you can do is go to your bin folder and right click each assembly, go to its Properties -> Details and get the version specific to you.

Please keep in mind that even though this will make the add-on not break your site it may still not be working properly and therefor it is not advisable to use it.

Regards,
Velizar Bishurov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed