Front end pages don't appear - Sitefinity 8.0 running on

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 19:56

Front end pages don't appear - Sitefinity 8.0 running on IIS 6

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jun-2015 00:00

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can give me a steer in terms of how i can resolve the below error. We have reviewed all of Sitefinity's documentation on settings and configuration however our staging environment (IIS 6) is running on 8.0 and we can't get ANY front end pages to appear however the back end works perfectly fine. As context our production environment is working fine (front end and back end - running on IIS 6 as well) however it is currently on Sitefinity 7.3. 

Has anyone had a similar experience? Are there some configuration or server setting changes we need to make to support Sitefinity 8.0? 

I've pasted in the error below, any guidance would be very appreciated!

Thanks, 

Dan

Server Error in '/sitefinity' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error: 
An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.PageRouteHandler.handler_PreRenderComplete(Object sender, EventArgs e) +427
   System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0
   System.Web.UI.Page.OnPreRenderComplete(EventArgs e) +9089546
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2716

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1031​

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jun-2015 00:00

Hi Daniel,

If the project and the database are the same in both servers and it is working fine on one but not in the other I would like to kindly suggest you to double check the server settings. You can find more information in this link:

http://docs.sitefinity.com/configure-the-iis-to-host-sitefinity-projects

Regards,
Junior Dominguez
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed