Upgrade not updating Config files or Database

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 10:53

Upgrade not updating Config files or Database

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Jul-2015 00:00

I'm trying to upgrade one of our sites from 5.4.4010 to 7.3.5630.  The upgrade process using the Project Manager completes fine without any errors, but all the upgrade is doing is updating the Telerik DLLs to version 7.3.5630; all the config files and database tables remain on 5.4.4010, so when I try going to the site I get the following error:

Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Sitefinity, Version=5.4.4010.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

I thought I'd try upgrading to 5.4.4040, but the same thing happens.  The connection details in the DataConfig.config are definitely correct.

Is there any specific reason why the config files and DB would not be updating?​

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jul-2015 00:00

Hi Neil,

Please note that once the project is upgrade using the Project Manager, you need to build the project in Visual Studio and then browse the site. It is in that moment that the configuration files will be updated. 

Also keep in mind that if your solution has for instance multiple projects you need to copy the new assemblies to the "bin" folder of those projects too. The project Manager only updates the assemblies in the bin of SitefinityWebApp. 

You can alternately fix the problem by applying assembly bindings:

http://www.sitefinitysteve.com/blog/code/2012/03/24/sitefinity-how-to-list#Avoid Version errors with Assembly Binding

Best Regards,
Junior Dominguez
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Jul-2015 00:00

Hi Junior,

Adding in assembly bindings seems to have done the trick.

Many thanks,

Neil

This thread is closed