Sitefinity 8.0 - Blog Posts Error

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 19:17

Sitefinity 8.0 - Blog Posts Error

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jul-2015 00:00

I just upgraded from 5.4 to 8.0, and I am receiving the error (attached) when I try to view a blog post on the front end. 

Tried below solution below and changed template ( New Template attached​)

www.sitefinity.com/.../comments-not-working-after-an-upgrade-to-sitefinity-8.0-version

still getting the error, please advise.

Lalit,

I would install a fresh copy of the "blog post - single" widget template and review how Sitefinity setup it up.  For your reference, I have the default widget template code for "blog post - single" below.  Hope this helps.

<%@ Control Language="C#" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="telerik" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ContentUI" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.PublicControls.BrowseAndEdit"
    Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Comments.Web.UI.Frontend" TagPrefix="comments" %>
<%@ Import Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>
<%@ Import Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI" %>
<%@ Import Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Comments" %>

<sf:SitefinityLabel id="title" runat="server" WrapperTagName="div" HideIfNoText="true" HideIfNoTextMode="Server" />
<telerik:RadListView ID="SingleItemContainer" ItemPlaceholderID="ItemContainer" AllowPaging="False"
    runat="server" EnableEmbeddedSkins="false" EnableEmbeddedBaseStylesheet="false">
    <layouttemplate>
            <%-- <div class="sfpostLinksWrp">
                <sf:MasterViewHyperLink class="sfpostBack sfback" Text="<%$ Resources:BlogResources, allposts %>" runat="server" />
            </div> --%>
            <asp:PlaceHolder ID="ItemContainer" runat="server" />
    </layouttemplate>
    <itemtemplate>
        <div class="sfpostDetails sfdetails" data-sf-provider='<%# Eval("Provider.Name")%>'  data-sf-id='<%# Eval("Id")%>' data-sf-type="Telerik.Sitefinity.Blogs.Model.BlogPost">
        <sf:FieldListView ID="PostTitle" runat="server"
            Text="0" Properties="Title"
            WrapperTagName="h1" WrapperTagCssClass="sfpostTitle sftitle" EditableFieldType="ShortText"
        />
        <div class="sfpostAuthorAndDate sfmetainfo">
            <asp:Literal ID="Literal2" Text="<%$ Resources:Labels, By %>" runat="server" />
            <sf:PersonProfileView runat="server" />
            <sf:FieldListView ID="PostDate" runat="server"
                Format=" | PublicationDate.ToLocal():MMM dd, yyyy"
            />
            <comments:CommentsCountControl runat="server"
                ThreadKey='<%# ControlUtilities.GetLocalizedKey(Eval("Id"), null, CommentsBehaviorUtilities.GetLocalizedKeySuffix(Container.DataItem.GetType().FullName)) %>' 
                AllowComments='<%# Eval("AllowComments") %>'
                ThreadType='<%# Container.DataItem.GetType().FullName %>'
                NavigateUrl="#commentsWidget"
                DisplayMode="ShortText"/>

<comments:CommentsAverageRatingControl runat="server"
                ThreadKey='<%# ControlUtilities.GetLocalizedKey(Eval("Id"), null, CommentsBehaviorUtilities.GetLocalizedKeySuffix(Container.DataItem.GetType().FullName)) %>'
                ThreadType='<%# Container.DataItem.GetType().FullName %>'
                NavigateUrl="#commentsWidget"
                DisplayMode="FullText"/>
        </div>
        <sf:FieldListView ID="PostContent" runat="server"
            Text="0" Properties="Content"
            WrapperTagName="div" WrapperTagCssClass="sfpostContent sfcontent" EditableFieldType="LongText"
        />

<asp:PlaceHolder ID="socialOptionsContainer" runat="server">
            </asp:PlaceHolder>
            <comments:CommentsWidget runat="server"
                AllowComments='<%# Eval("AllowComments") %>' ThreadTitle='<%# Eval("Title") %>' ThreadType='<%# Container.DataItem.GetType().FullName %>'
                GroupKey='<%# ControlUtilities.GetUniqueProviderKey("Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Blogs.BlogsManager", Eval("Provider.Name").ToString()) %>'
                DataSource='<%# Eval("Provider.Name")%>' />
      </div>
    </itemtemplate>
</telerik:RadListView>

I replaced  "blog post - single" widget template and getting error (attached). I don't have Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Comments.dll in my /bin folder.

is that causing the issue?

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jul-2015 00:00

Hello Lalit,

The initial error message you are getting is a known issue after upgrade to Sitefinity version 8.0. Please refer to the following KB article for more details about the issue and how to resolve it.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jul-2015 00:00

Lalit,

I would compare the bin folder of a new clean Sitefinity site (created by the Project Manager tool) and your upgrade Sitefinity instance.  I would then use a diff tool (such as Beyond Compare) to see the differences between the two bin folders and just make sure you have the latest version of the Telerik assemblies or add any missing assemblies.

Hope this helps.

This thread is closed