8.1 Upgrade can not find System.Web.Mvc 4.0 error in MVC tem

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 14:15

8.1 Upgrade can not find System.Web.Mvc 4.0 error in MVC templates

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Jul-2015 00:00

Gang,

I upgraded my dev solution to 8.1 and everything runs and compiles as expected, however when I publish the upgraded project to my production IIS box I am now getting the following error on my Feather MVC templates.

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Mvc, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040

This same behavior happens with the Bootstrap, SemanticUI, and Foundations templates as well. I even deleted the ResourcePackages to those templates and copied out the new Feather version ones as still same error. Web Form templates work as expected.

I checked web.config and System.Web.Mvc 5.0 is referenced and the dll is in the bin directory.

What am I missing?

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jul-2015 00:00

Hello Garry,

Do you have any external MVC assemblies in your project?

Please aslo che if you have the following assemblyBinding redirect in your web.config file:

<dependentAssembly>
  <assemblyIdentity name="System.Web.Mvc" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" />
  <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-5.2.3.0" newVersion="5.2.3.0" />
</dependentAssembly>

You can also try to upgrade the nuget packages and change the Target Framework as described here:
http://docs.sitefinity.com/upgrade-a-project-that-has-nuget-packages

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed