Type cannot be resolved when extending archive control to dy

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 14:57

Type cannot be resolved when extending archive control to dynamic items

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Jul-2015 00:00

I wanted to extend the archive to include my dynamic items so I followed the instructions here: docs.sitefinity.com/tutorial-extend-the-archive-widget-to-use-dynamic-items. When I register the widget with Visual Studio or even just registering through advanced settings (by putting SitefinityWebApp.Controls.CustomArchiveWidget, SitefinityWebApp in the path box) I get:

Type "SitefinityWebApp.Controls.CustomArchiveWidget, SitefinityWebApp, Version=8.0.5705.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" cannot be resolved. Am I doing something wrong & is there a way to fix this?

So you have built the project and the SitefinityWebApp.dll has been updated\uploaded to the site?

I would open JustDecompile and open your SitefinityWebApp.dll and search for your class name, see where it's actually found.  Could there be a type or maybe the namespace isn't really "SitefinityWebApp.Controls"?

It's a .net error, like it literally can't find that class there...we just need to figureout why.

Nope that was the solution -- my SitefinityWebApp.dll wasn't updated/uploaded. Thank you!

This thread is closed