Dynamic Content Widget (Detail/Master View): Problems with S

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 20:20

Dynamic Content Widget (Detail/Master View): Problems with Search Index

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2015 00:00

I created a new Module for FAQs and created pages specific to a category. Within those pages, I inserted 2 dynamic content widgets and changed one to Detail and the other to Master. I like having this functionality since if a person clicks on an FAQ from the main list that I have, it'll take them to a new page and it'll show up on the Details widget while the Master widget is beside it with related questions. 

The question is then when I use the search bar. When I search for a question, it gives me a faulty url. For ex: 

If i search for dogs, the question about dogs is on the page dogs. However, when I search for it, it gives me the url : /faqs/cats/specific-question instead of /faqs/dogs/specific-question. The full content still shows up on the detail widget on the cat's page, but I want it to show up on the detail widget on the dog's page so my user can see the related questions. 

Is there any way to fix it? Is the problem because of my multiple detail/master widgets? I am also using version 8.0 

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2015 00:00

If you go into you DynamicContent backend list, there's a link on the right, something like "Pages where this content is published".  Click that, and you can move up or down the primary baseurl it uses.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2015 00:00

Hi,

More information can be found in our Sitefinity documentation in section Configuring the default pages.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed