After 8.1 upgrade, getting "The call is ambiguous betwe

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:34

After 8.1 upgrade, getting "The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties" when editing a template or page

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Aug-2015 00:00

This is using the pure MVC pages. I have Feather installed as well. Not sure if this would be more appropriate to ask in that forum or here. Here is the full error:

"Compiler Error Message: CS0121: The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: 'Telerik.Sitefinity.UI.MVC.SitefinityExtensions.InlineEditingManager(System.Web.Mvc.HtmlHelper, bool?)' and 'Telerik.Sitefinity.UI.MVC.SitefinityExtensions.InlineEditingManager(System.Web.Mvc.HtmlHelper, bool?)'

It is referring to a line in the layout.cshtml file, but some of the pages appear to be packaged in a DLL (i.e. not file-system based) so I'm assuming it is the same issue as the default layout (which is file-based). The line reads: 

Write(Html.InlineEditingManager(false)); 

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Aug-2015 00:00

Hi,

Please, try the suggestion in this KB article: A "Compilation Error" is thrown when trying to access a pure MVC page template after upgrade to 8.1.

Regards,
Atanas Valchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Oct-2016 00:00
This thread is closed