"An item with the same key has already been added."

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 18:27

"An item with the same key has already been added." when registering new Basic Settings

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Aug-2015 00:00

Hello all, 

I was recently trying to figure out how to add settings to the Basic Settings section in a multisite instance. I happened upon this post and followed the provided example exactly, adding the files to my project and altering my Global.ascx file accordingly. However, when trying to visit the settings page (this happens on basic settings, not advanced settings), I get this error:

"An item with the same key has already been added."

I've tried changing the property, changing the view, and changing the file names, but all to no avail.

Can anyone give me some insight as to why I may be getting this error? Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Aug-2015 00:00

Hello Joseph,

Please note that the sample we have provided in the forum thread you have referred to is tested for Sitefinity version 7.1 and it is not tested for other Sitefinity versions.

Judging by the error message the issue occurs when adding the basic settings view to the collection of available views and it seems that you are trying to add a view which already exists.

Can you please check if you are trying to register basic settings view in the Global.asax file using the same name and title as an already registered one?

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed