Shared widgets only available in default site, not multisite

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 10:47

Shared widgets only available in default site, not multisites

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Aug-2015 00:00

Hi,

I have a large number of widgets that have been created. These are SHARED with 12 other sites that we have created through Multisite (we have a multisite license)

I can see these widgets are available when adding content in the default/primary website, but not in the other sites

Have I missed something?

Many thanks

Tim

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Aug-2015 00:00

I'm sorry - I should have said I'm running 7.3

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Sep-2015 00:00

Hi Tim,

It is important to note that if you are using multisite license the widget templates are not automatically shared between the different sites and you need to share each template manually. To do this you need to switch to the main/default site from the multisite drop-down and then go to Design->Widget templates. If you can see the templates there, you need to click on their Actions link and click on Share with... in order to share the templates with the other sites in the project. 

Please also refer to the following article for more details about sharing widget templates:

Share widget templates

Can you please make sure that you have shared the widget templates?

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed