Updating Telerik.Sitefinity.All via Nuget fails

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 21:37

Updating Telerik.Sitefinity.All via Nuget fails

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Aug-2015 00:00

All,

I'm running into an issue that I'm not quite sure how to work around. When I attempt to update via Nuget getting the Telerik.Sitefinity.All package, I get an error: 

"Updating 'Microsoft.AspNet.WebApi.Client 5.2.3' to 'Microsoft.AspNet.WebApi.Client 5.2.2' failed. Unable to find a version of 'Microsoft.AspNet.WebApi.Core' that is compatible with 'Microsoft.AspNet.WebApi.Client 5.2.2'." 

The dependency is:

"Attempting to resolve dependency 'Microsoft.AspNet.WebApi.Client (= 5.2.2)'."

The dependency immediately before that one is for Microsoft.AspNet.WebApi.Client 5.2.3 and that seems to be resolved successfully. 

Anyone know whats going on? 

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Sep-2015 00:00

Here is what I'm talking about in case it wasn't clear from the text-only post. You can see it checks for the same dependency twice. Once for a version equal to or above 5.2.3 and the very next thing it does is check that the dependency version is 5.2.2.

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Sep-2015 00:00

Hello Joel,

Judging by the error messages you are getting it seems that you have installed on your side Microsoft.AspNet.WebApi.Core package version 5.2.3. In Sitefinity 8.1 we are using version 5.2.2 and this might be causing the issue.

You can open the packages.config and check the version of the Microsoft.AspNet.WebApi.Core package.

You may also refer to the below article from our documentation for more details about upgrading projects using NuGet packages:

Upgrade a project that uses NuGet packages

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed