"Send an email back to the person submitting the form&q

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 20:29

"Send an email back to the person submitting the form" not working in Sitefinity 6

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Sep-2015 00:00

There is a setting to email the person who submitted a form, and this setting is not behaving as expected for us. As my topic title indicates, we're using Sitefinity 6.

We have a "Website Feedback" page which uses the "Form (email)" widget to accept user comments and send them to an internal e-mail address, and that basic functionality is working. 

We  want the person submitting the comment to receive an e-mail thanking them for their comment and confirming that it was submitted. When I click "Edit" on the widget, a dialog appears. That dialog has an "Additional" section, under which is a checkbox which says "Send an email back to the person submitting the form"

We've checked that box, saved the form, and published the page. But when I type a comment as a test, no confirmation arrives at the e-mail address I supplied when I submitted my test comment.

Is there a known issue or possible workaround associated with this setting?  Since user-submitted comments are delivered and read within the organization, I'm inclined to believe that our current SMTP-related settings would be correct.

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Sep-2015 00:00

Hello,

Would it be possible for you to take a look at this article connected to setting up email notifications for form responses? Note that you need to set  DefaultSenderEmailAddress . After saving all changes you need to restart the application by re-saving the web.config file.

You could test whether the email is send by the system by using SMTP4DEV. It sits in the system tray and does not deliver the received messages. The received messages can be quickly viewed, saved and the source/structure inspected. Useful for testing/debugging software that generates email.

Configure it to listen on port 26 for example and when an Email is sent from Sitefinity, it will catch it and will give you information when it was sent.  I have recorded a video, demonstrating how to configure smtp4dev ( video ).

You could downloaded SMTP4DEV from here.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Nov-2016 00:00

I am very confused as to whether or not Sitefinity has the ability to send an email to the person submitting the form. There are numerous forum articles that specifically ask about sending the confirmation to the person submitting the form. In each one I found "Telerik Support" answers the question by implying that it does and pointing to articles about configuring forms so that a registered user can receive confirmation when other people submit the form.  

This is the first forum article (or Sitefinity document) I found in which a setting is described that will actually send the email to the person submitting the form. In Matts initial question to this forum post he states,

When I click "Edit" on the widget, a dialog appears. That dialog has an "Additional" section, under which is a checkbox which says "Send an email back to the person submitting the form"

Problem is I don't see that setting. Also how would it even know the email address to send the confirmation to. Would the person submitting the form have to be logged in as a user? If so that won't work in my situation because the form needs to be filled out by people who are not users.

Can someone please confirm whether or not this functionality exists or has to be coded?

This thread is closed