Deleting taxonomy broke ability to edit user.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 13:11

Deleting taxonomy broke ability to edit user.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Oct-2015 00:00

Hi All,

I am having an issue with user profiles.

I added 2 Classifications to the user profile but the related taxonomies were bad so I deleted them. Now I get an error when accessing the user:

----------------------------------------
Timestamp: 10/7/2015 5:51:09 PM

Message: HandlingInstanceID: 389aeb6b-1caf-4ac3-b497-664d7eeec9c5
An exception of type 'Telerik.Sitefinity.SitefinityExceptions.ItemNotFoundException' occurred and was caught.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10/07/2015 13:51:09
Type : Telerik.Sitefinity.SitefinityExceptions.ItemNotFoundException, Telerik.Sitefinity, Version=8.0.5710.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563
Message : You are trying to access item that no longer exists. The most probable reason is that it has been deleted by another user.
Source : Unity_ILEmit_DynamicClasses
Help link : 
Data : System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
TargetSite : Telerik.Sitefinity.Taxonomies.Model.ITaxonomy GetTaxonomy(System.Guid)
HResult : -2146233088
Stack Trace :    at DynamicModule.ns.Wrapped_OpenAccessTaxonomyProvider_141efa69118946b89de185bb70117b81.GetTaxonomy(Guid id)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Taxonomies.TaxonomyManager.GetTaxonomy(Guid id)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Fields.TaxonField.get_Taxonomy()
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Fields.HierarchicalTaxonField.InitializeControls(GenericContainer container)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.SimpleView.CreateChildControls()
   at System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls()
   at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Additional Info:

MachineName : DEV001
TimeStamp : 10/7/2015 5:51:09 PM
FullName : Telerik.Sitefinity.Utilities, Version=8.0.5710.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563
AppDomainName : /LM/W3SVC/4/ROOT-1-130887136338458614
ThreadIdentity : admin
WindowsIdentity : DEV001\XXXXXX
Requested URL :XXXXX.XXXXX.XXXXX.XXXXX/.../UserEditDialog

Category: ErrorLog

Priority: 0

EventId: 90000

Severity: Error

Title:Enterprise Library Exception Handling

Machine: DEV001

App Domain: /LM/W3SVC/4/ROOT-1-130887136338458614

ProcessId: 10076

Process Name: c:\windows\system32\inetsrv\w3wp.exe

Thread Name: 

Win32 ThreadId:8064

Extended Properties: 
----------------------------------------

I have found this: www.telerik.com/.../error-when-creating-user and while it is the same issue, the answer does not fix my issue.

I simply need to remove this broken relationship so I can add info to the user profile. Can anyone point me at the DB table that contains this broken relationship?

Thanks,

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Oct-2015 00:00

as a follow up, the SQL profiler is showing the following being executed when clicking a user:

declare @p1 int<br>set @p1=74
 exec sp_prepexec @p1 output,N'@p0 uniqueidentifier',N'SELECT [voa_class] AS COL1, [description_] AS COL2, [taxon_name_] AS COL3, [title_] AS COL4, [app_name] AS COL5, [can_inherit_permissions] AS COL6, [inherits_permissions] AS COL7, [last_modified] AS COL8, [nme] AS COL9, [ownr] AS COL10, [root_id] AS COL11, [root_id] AS COL12, [voa_version] AS COL13 FROM [sf_taxonomies] WHERE [id] = @p0                                       ',@p0='18FC7793-8600-68C6-8594-FF0000193AE5'
 select @p1

The problem is the GUID it is using does not exist. I have searched all tables in the db and this GUID is not stored in the DB. I also checked the enitre solution as well as all the configuration files.  Where is it getting this ID?????

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Oct-2015 00:00

Hello,

Please try to create a taxonomy with the same name as the one which has been deleted, then remove the taxonomy values from the profile and delete them again. As a workaround you can navigate to Administration -> Users -> Manage Profile types -> <choose your profile> and remove all
fields that are based on taxonomies. 

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed