Problem Synchronizing Roles 8.2

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 08:04

Problem Synchronizing Roles 8.2

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Oct-2015 00:00

I started with a brand new installation of sitefinity 8.2 trial version. I tried to Synchronize the roles from one server to another,

I followed the following procedure 

1) Installed synchronization on both server

2) Create page and content, and Synchronize them, to see if all worked fine, and it did.

3) Create a role on the first machine

4) tried to synchronize the role

On the machine that sent the role I have the following exception:

"10/8/2015 3:41:53 PM] Item 'Phoenix_Role1' was not  sent.
Item information: id = '045c4f26-979a-6159-a03b-ff00009c716c'; type = 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Model.Role'; provider = 'Default'; action = 'New'
Error details:System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InternalServerError (500) is not one of the following: OK (200), Created (201), Accepted (202), NonAuthoritativeInformation (203), NoContent (204), ResetContent (205), PartialContent (206) ---> System.Web.HttpException: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.Cmis.RestAtom.Client.EnsureStatusIsSuccessful(HttpResponseMessage response, HttpStatusCode acceptable, HttpStatusCode[] otherAcceptable)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.Cmis.RestAtom.Client.GetResponse(IDictionary`2 transactionHeaders)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.SiteSync.SyncingManager.Export(ISiteSyncExportTransaction transaction, ISiteSyncSnapIn snapIn, ISiteSyncExportContext context, IQueryable`1& additionalTransactions)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.SiteSync.SyncingManager.Export(ISiteSyncSnapIn snapIn, SiteSyncExportContext context)"

and on the  destination machine  i have the following exception

"Item information: id = '6d5c4f26-979a-6159-a03b-ff00009c716c'; type = 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Model.Role'; provider = 'Default'; action = 'New'
Error details:System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.SiteSync.SecurityImporter.ImportItem(String transactionName, Type itemType, Guid itemId, SiteSyncObject item, String provider, ISiteSyncImportTransaction importTransaction)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.SiteSync.SiteSyncImporter.<>c__DisplayClassd.<ImportInternal>b__5(FluentSitefinity app)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.SiteSync.SiteSyncImporter.RunInSpecificCulture(String culture, String transaction, Action`1 func, Action`2 logAction)"

Any help?

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Oct-2015 00:00

Hi,

There is a bug syncing custom roles to the target server. We have logged it in our feedback portal:

http://feedback.telerik.com/Project/153/Feedback/Details/170790-unable-to-sync-custom-roles

You can subscribed to receive notifications for the bug including new comments, votes, status changes. If you would like to unsubscribe, you can unfollow the item by removing "Following this item”. Once the problem is fixed the item will be marked as Done.

If you create a new role on the target server you need to back up the database, restore it and use the second one on the destination (setup Site Sync again).

Excuse us for the inconvenience. We will do our best to fix the problem for the upcoming major release.  

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed